PuraTM Wet Processing System for Polysilicon
MEI Pura Finishing System – Silicon Finishing, High Efficiency, Low Cost of Ownership
Remove Organic Contamination of Polysilicon Chunks, Clean Oxide Growth, Eliminate Metal Contamination of Silicon Chunks
The Pura wet processing system is a fully automated, robotic closed-loop system that combines an energy- and space-efficient etch and rinse system with our new FlashDry cold dry system. FlashDry uses no thermal energy for drying. MEI’s Pura wet processing system is a self-cleaning, inline,
configurable, automated, linear batch system made for high throughput at low cost. The Pura wet processing system is designed for dry-in and dry-out polysilicon processing.
The MEI Pura silicon chunk cleaning system is designed for removal of organic and metallic contamination found on silicon chunks, granular (FBR) or fines from the manufacturing process. Cleaning or etching silicon fines, granular polysilicon or chunks requires a high throughput wet etch system with good process control and outstanding drying capabilities to achieve optimal purity. MEI’s automated system for chunk polysilicon cleaning removes silicon-chunk surface contaminants and offers exceptional drying capability. MEI’s Pura for Silicon finishing has significant advantages inherent in the carefully thought out design that considers not only operation, but resource use, safety, maintainability, control and flexibility.
Pura- Poly Silicon Chunk Etching, Cleaning & Drying Made Efficient
- Good etch uniformity
- Reduces metallic contamination
- Removes organic contamination
- Excellent dust and powder removal
- Cleans rods, chunks, granular and fines
- Thorough removal of etch chemistry
Dry FlashDryTM Drying- Patent Pending Drying Breakthrough
- Able to dry granular (FBR), fine, chunk and rod sections, as well as tips and tails.
- Patented Process enables 3 minute dry time using less energy
- Achieves 100% DRY (no weighable moisture)
- more on MEI’s FlashDry silicon drying…
- Polysilicon chunks are loaded into 20kg baskets for rapid (6 min cycle time) processing
- Provides contamination free chunks at 200 Kg/Hr.
- Input and output modules for the polysilicon chunk cleaning are expandable for any throughput requirements.
Outstanding Process Control
IDX Automation Software provides superior process control capabilities along with the highest degree of maintenance flexibility compared with a PLC control based system.
- Touch screen interface, flexible tank parameter and recipe editors and the option of using multiple robots for higher throughput are made possible by using MEI proprietary IDX Automation Software.
Efficient with Low Cost of Ownership
- Reduced DI water consumption (11.3 liters per minute)
- Uses 20% of the energy compared to conventional processing
- Efficient chemistry removal and chips & fines control
- Recycles DI water through each rinse tank
- Reduced chemical use through efficient chip and chunk contact and removal
- MEI’s unique exhaust systems reduce exhaust requirements and allow for both top or rear connections.
- Power consumption and footprint are reduced through efficient drying
Safe and Reliable
Safe decontamination of polysilicon chips or chunks.
- MEI controls the exothermic reaction of the HNA tanks while keeping throughput high.
- Fail safe interlocks to prevent operator access
- Break away end effectors
- Designed for reliability with our 20 years of production experience