Advancer Semi-Automated Semiconductor Wet Bench- Wet Processing System
MEI Advancer, Semi-Automated, Single-Step, Modular Semiconductor Wet Bench
The MEI Advancer series wet processing system is a highly configurable, semi-automated modular, front to back, side mount robotic wet bench, suitable for a wide variety of etch, strip and clean steps for semiconductor processing. Additional applications include wet processing for solar cells, IC devices, medical device, MEMS manufacturing and parts cleaning. The Advancer wet benches and wet process stations are bulk chemical ready and incorporate chemical spiking, software programmable “in-tank” blending of chemistries with quick dump rinse tanks. Configurability, up-time, yield, maintainability, and throughput are the hallmarks of an MEI wet processing system.
Precise Control, High Reliability, Modular Design in a Wet Bench
The MEI Advancer linear Wet Bench provides an extremely small footprint with up to four modules utilizing one robot per wet station module. The host computer drives all robots independently, enabling any combination of simultaneous or asynchronous processing in each module of varying recipes. This multiple recipe multiple lot processing is made possible by using MEI proprietary IDX Automation Software. IDX Automation Software provides superior process control capabilities for your semiconductor wet processing along with the highest degree of maintenance flexibility compared with a PLC control based system. The Advancer wet processing robots are located outside of the process area and are not exposed to chemical fumes, resulting in higher reliability, ease of maintenance and lower overall expense over the life of the wet bench.
Specialized Semi-Automated Semiconductor Wet Benches:
Advancer Gemini: Dual Robot, High Capacity, Small Footprint Wet Bench
Advancer Micro: Single Robot, Ultra Narrow Footprint (2 feet) Wet Bench
Advanced Process Controls for Wet Processing
MEI’s Advanced Process controls provide the necessary stability of process conditions through closed loop monitoring/control using software recording for all key process variables in your wet process steps. The result is a system capable of advanced cleaning and process monitoring capabilities required for critical process steps.
Features: Advancer Semi-Automated Wet Process System
- Single or dual cassette capability
- All standard semiconductor processes available
- 6 and 8 inch processing with no changes
- Modular design for ease of future expansion. Link up to four modules using one robot per module with single point of control.
- Easy to access plumbing, pneumatics and electrical components
- Single process and rinse design
- Side mount robot, easily slides out for service
- Optional chemical spiking capability
- Controlled by MEI’s IDX Automation Software with touch screen interface, configurable SECS/GEM compliant.
- Available in all common process configurations
- Easily upgradeable with high reliability
Options for the Advancer Wet Benches and Wet Stations
- Many tank and process bath options, including Megasonics and Ultrasonics
- Heater, chiller, dryer options
- Spiking, reclaim, lid, overflow weir, recirculation, filter, fill method, agitation, flush and drain options.
- Wafer carrier and queue pass-on cassette options
- HEPA or ULPA filters
- SECS/GEM interface options
- Bulk chemical supply
- Integrated chemical spiking
- Automatic or manual doors
- Choice of materials, FM4910 (Halar, CPVC, PVDF) or polypropylene or stainless steel
- SEMI S2-0703 3rd party evaluation audits and FM certified systems
- UL listed electrical components (MEI makes UL listed Control Panels)
All of MEI’s Wet Benches, Wet Stations and Wet Processing Equipment Are:
- Flexible and Upgradeable
- Easy to Use and Well Controlled
- Production Ready
- Designed for Safety
- Maintenance Friendly
- More about our Wet Bench Features & Benefits and Design Process
Download our MEI Advancer Wet Processing Systems Brochure